Last Updated: December 07, 2018
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
When you use the Services, we may collect several types of information about you and/or your use of the Services. For example, we may collect information that you provide to us, information that we collect through your use of the Services, and information that we collect from publicly available sources or third parties.
Information You Provide to Us. There are a number of circumstances in which you may be required or invited to supply us with personal information, such as when you: subscribe to our publications, newsletters, and other content; register for any of our Services; register for an event; place an order; complete a survey or participate in market research; enter a contest; submit content or post a comment; send us an email, pitch, or request for information; or when you seek employment at Project Yum Yum. In these circumstances, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, e-mail address, year of birth, gender, street address, employment information, or other demographic information.
Information About Your Use of the Services. We may collect information about your use of the Services such as:
- Device information: We may collect your computer or mobile device model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type, language, and settings, and device type and settings.
- Usage information: We may collect information about the Services you use, the time, date, and duration of your use of the Services, your interaction with content offered through the Services, search terms used, our referring website, and software crash reports. We also collect information stored using cookies, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technologies set on your device. Our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of the Services. We may collect such usage information at the individual or aggregate level.
- Location information: We collect and store your device’s source IP address, which may disclose the general location of your device at the time you access the Services. Advertisements and certain content may be directed to you based on this data.
Information From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information we receive from or about you. For example:
- Information from social media websites: When you interact with any Project Yum Yum property page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or LinkedIn, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account, including your social media account ID. We will comply with the privacy policies of the social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by those social media platforms. If you choose to link or login to your Project Yum Yum.com account with or through a social networking service, Project Yum Yum and that service may share certain information about you and your activities. With your consent, we also may share information about your activities, including what you view on our websites, with that social network’s users.
- Information from publicly or commercially available sources: Certain third parties make available information, collected both online and offline, such as demographic information, additional contact information, group affiliations, occupational information, and educational background.
Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your experience in using the Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to help us personalize and continually improve your experience using the Services in the ways described below, as well as in other ways to which you consent or at your direction.
Providing the Services You Request. We use your information to process your subscription, send you electronic newsletters, post content you submit, administer loyalty programs, and enable your participation in features of the Services. We also provide personalized content and suggestions to you, including by email, based on your interest and preferences. To enable us to provide these Services, we may use the information we collect to identify you across sessions, browsers, and/or devices.
Contacting You. We may send you (by email, text, or other medium): information about your account or any transactions; editorial newsletters and content; invitations to events; offers or announcements about our products or features; offers or announcements about our third party partners’ products or services; communications about your comments or information submissions; online surveys; and legal notices, policy updates, and other important information about the Services. All editorial and commercial email messages include instructions for unsubscribing from such future communications.
Learning about Our Users and Services. We conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior, including performing statistical analysis of our users, their use of the Services, and their purchasing patterns. We do this to optimize and improve the Services, our products, and our operations.
Protecting Our Rights and Others’ Rights. We may use your personal information as we believe is necessary to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or may be illegal; to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of Project Yum Yum, its employees, agents, or users; or as required by law.
We may use the information from one aspect of the Services for other aspects of Services, and we may combine information gathered from multiple aspects of the Services into a single user record. We also may use or combine information that we collect offline or we collect or receive from third-party sources for many reasons, including to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of our records. Additionally, data collected from a particular computer, browser or device may be used with another computer, browser or device that is linked to the computer, browser or device on which such data was collected.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
As described below, our information-sharing practices vary based on the type of information and the type of recipient.
Third-Party Service Providers. Third party agents and vendors perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting, content syndication, content management tools, security, marketing, analytics, billing and customer service. These entities may have access to personal information if needed to perform their functions. If such access is required, the third parties will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to Project Yum Yum.
Social Media Services. If you log into the Services with a social media service or if you connect a social media account with the Services, we may share your information with that social media service. Social media services will use that information based on their own privacy policies. If you do not want your information shared in this way, do not connect your social media service account with our Services.
Aggregate or Anonymous Information. We also may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular users. For instance, we may share such information to help us determine how parts of Services are used, so that we may improve our services. We will also may share aggregate information with our partners and other third parties about how our users collective demographics or how they collectively use our Services. We also may share aggregate information with our partners about how many advertising impressions were delivered.
Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Emergency Situations. In some cases, we may use or disclose your personal information to a third party if we are required to do so by law or if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law or legal process; to protect and defend our rights or to prevent misuse of our Services; or to protect the personal safety of our employees, agents, partners, the users of the Services, or the public.
The Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties, which operate pursuant to their respective privacy policies.
What are Beacons? Web beacons (also called “web tags” or “pixels”) are tiny graphics or scripts that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online or mobile content, videos, advertisements, or emails. They allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, such as when you viewed the beacon (and thus the content in which it is embedded) and the IP address of the device on which you viewed the beacon. We and third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
We will not provide Advertisers with access to your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number without your consent. Advertisers may use persistent identifiers, however, to track your internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond our Services. Though we restrict any attempts to re-identify this information, Advertisers may nonetheless be able to do so by combining information they collect about you when you use the Services with information about you obtained from other sources.
In general, the information collected and generated by third parties is processed and stored by the third parties and will be subject to their respective privacy policies (which we do not control and for which we are not responsible). We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or the information they may collect.